Stellenbosch University is recognised as one of the four top research universities in South Africa. It takes pride in the fact that it has one of the country’s highest proportions of postgraduate students of which almost ten percent are international students. The value system of the University, as set out in our Strategic Framework, is built on the following concepts are Equity, Participation, Transparency, Readiness to serve, Tolerance and mutual respect, Dedication, Scholarship, Responsibility, Academic freedom.
This chapter runs an innovative programme that recognises outstanding lecturers on campus. The Best Lecturer Awards (BLA) involves the broader student body and promises to become a popular tradition at Stellenbosch University.
Golden Key Highlights
• Candice Harding – Sasol Golden Key Excellence Award Education Winner 2009
• Daniel de Wet - Sasol Golden Key Excellence Award Information Technology Winner 2009
• Gold Chapter Status
• 2008 Regional Literacy Outreach Chapter Award
• Klara-Marie den Heijer, Visual and Performing Arts Award US$500 in 2008
• Tinus Stander – Graduate Scholar Award winner 2007 US&10,000
• Matthew David Dekenah - Sasol Golden Key Excellence Award Information Technology Winner 2007
• 2004 National Conference Host
• Archbishop Desmond Tutu accepted Honorary Membership (year)
Golden Key Stellenbosch on Facebook: link http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=209733980640&ref=search&sid=646555...
• Bernadino Heights Study Skills Workshops
• Akkerdoppies Crèche Xmas Party
• Kidzpositive Bracelet Project
• Book and Stationery Drive
• Blanket and Toy Drive
• Soup Kitchen
• Global Youth Day Service
• Make a Difference Day